About the role:
We’re seeking a Front End / React Developer intern to join our Vancouver, BC based team. It's a small team and you'll have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. If you pride yourself on exacting attention to detail, thrive under tight deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment, and have a strong sense of humour, then this is the job for you.
- Craft responsive web experiences that are secure, fast and high performing
- Help identify and solve front-end web development issues experienced by clients
- Ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
- Work closely with the design team to define and implement product features
- Define and implement robust and efficient UI architecture
- Disburse UI best practices throughout the entire engineering team
- 2+ years experience building high performance, reliable web enterprise-level applications and delivering pixel perfect code.
- Experienced with ReactJS, preferably ES5, and React-Redux
- Exposure and experience with automating daily tasks (Grunt/Gulp/etc.)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A team player, able to effectively collaborate and build relationships over any medium of communication
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with Python, Django
- Experience with Jira (or equivalent defect management application/system)
- Experience with agile and scrum development methodologies
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG2 AA) best practices
- Experience using source control software (Git)
This position is offered with funding through the Government of Canada's Digital Skills For Youth Program and is open to applicants aged 15-30 (inclusive).
Candidates must have recently (within two years prior to the start of their internship) completed post-secondary studies.
All applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or have refugee status in Canada. Work permits are not eligible. And be eligible to work in Canada.
This is a 5-10 month contract position based in Vancouver, BC with an hourly rate between $16 - $20/hour depending on experience. Please apply with a cover letter, resume and link your portfolio.
Posted April 12, 2019